In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Becky Robinson. She is the Founder and CEO of Weaving Influence. This full-service marketing agency specializes in digital and integrated marketing services and public relations for book authors, including business leaders, coaches, trainers, speakers, and thought leaders.
In April 2022, Becky published her first book, Reach: Create the Biggest Possible Audience for Your Message, Book, or Cause. This book provides a structured approach to creating a successful online presence that will generate a big impact on any message. Becky shares a framework to cultivate followers based on four commitments: value, consistency, endurance, and generosity.
Building a successful online brand and thought leadership requires 4 commitments. The first one is delivering value and establishing meaningful connections to attract and retain followers. The second one is being consistent in the content shared and messaging to build trust and a strong presence.
While it may be tempting to chase quick success, longevity is the third commitment, and being able to create a long-term commitment that generates sustainable growth. It’s important to set realistic expectations and understand that building something meaningful takes time. Finally, being generous: with ideas, time, and support to attract interest and engagement. Becky emphasizes that sharing ideas freely and supporting others can contribute to your personal thought leadership growth.
Questions I ask Becky Robinson:
- [01:54] Based on the title of your book, creating reach starts way before selling or marketing a new book right?
- [02:35] Would you put the things you mention in your book as a must?
- [05:48] Can you explain a little bit about self-publishing as a more accessible and streamlined option when someone writes a book?
- [09:20] Talk a little bit about your journey of creating Reach that led to a publishing deal for you.
- [13:16] In your book you mention four commitments: value, consistency, longevity, and generosity. Can you explain each one of them?
- [17:53] Talking about longevity, how do you balance that when everybody wants quick results?
- [21:52] What’s your relationship with goal setting?
More About Becky Robinson:
More About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.