In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jay Baer, a business growth and customer experience author, researcher, and advisor. Jay is a 7th-generation entrepreneur, who has written 7 best- selling business books, and created 6 multi-million dollar companies.
His newest book, titled “The Time to Win: How to Exceed Your Customers’ Need for Speed,” is based on research focused on speed and responsiveness. It serves as a comprehensive guide for surpassing customers’ expectations for quick service. The book introduces a six-part “Time to Win” framework and provides specific recommendations for optimizing responsiveness within your organization, detailing the how, why, when, and where of the process.
During his research, Jay found that today, two-thirds of customers consider speed to be as important as price. In essence, if you save your customers time, they will reward you with their business. Conversely, if you cost your customers time, you will also pay the price financially.
In today’s business landscape, time and responsiveness are key factors in shaping the customer experience and generating revenue. In this new era, customers are placing an increasing value on speed and quick solutions, a trend that has been amplified especially since the pandemic. Learn how to prioritize responsiveness in your business to secure a competitive edge for both your company and your clients.
Questions I ask Jay Baer:
- [00:50] You come from five generations of entrepreneurs. What did the first-generation entrepreneur in your family do?
- [01:38] You claim that time is the heart of the customer experience. What does that mean?
- [02:46] What are your thoughts on a society that has become so obsessed with speediness?
- [08:37] Two thirds of customers say that speed is as important as price and some customers are even willing to pay more, would you agree?
- [10:57] Are there are some cases where consumers don’t want things fast?
- [16:21] What is your 6-piece framework on what to do in those scenarios where speediness is required and how to get better at responding faster?
- [17:41] How can our audience connect with you and get your new book, “The Time to Win: How to Exceed Your Customers’ Need for Speed”?
- [18:26] Are we still giving companies a pass for being late to respond due to the pandemic or has that expectation shifted?
More About Jay Baer:
Get Your Free AI Prompts To Build A Marketing Strategy:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!