For those following along, I managed to complete the Noosa 1000 swim and the run leg of the Noosa Tri relay on the weekend.
Both were bucket list items and I was actually quite happy with my times, given the circumstances.
The conditions in the ocean were terrible.
The water was very choppy which meant I had to bring my head up every stroke which is exhausting, or risk taking in a stomach-full of salt water.
Not only that — just 20 minutes before the start of the race, Noosa beach was closed because of a shark!
We still raced, but even when I did get into a swimming rhythm I had the Jaws music playing in my head.
The main event of the weekend was the Triathlon and as you know, I did the run leg.
Whilst it was ‘only’ 10km, we were a relay team and in the Masters (oldies) category, which meant we started very late in the morning.
Plus the run leg is last, so by the time I got going it was nearly midday in the scorching almost-summer Queensland heat!
Nevertheless, I got it done in 49:38min which I was pleased with.
It wasn’t a PB but it gives me a new benchmark for these humid conditions!
Ticking off the Noosa Tri bucket list (run leg)
My relay team mates and I decided over a beer (0.0% for me) that we’d do it again next year.
We committed to do a bit more training to improve our results!
The good news is this approach will work for your marketing too.
Commit to a project, get started, do the work and improve from there.
I’ve created a Marketing Scorecard where you can discover and benchmark your marketing score (out of 100).
It’s free, and only takes a few minutes.
Once you complete it, a custom report will give you pointers on what you can focus on to improve your score.
I’ll keep an eye out for yours when it comes in 😉
PS. When you’re ready, here are 6 ways we help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book. Web Marketing That Works — an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. DIY with the 50+ Script Library. It’s for connecting with new people and nurturing them into high-value clients.
The post Noosa, shark & marketing scorecard appeared first on Bluewire Media.